I directed a team of 8 designers to conceptualize and roll out a complete overhaul of Samsung+ over a period of 3 months. v4.0 of our customer care app launched Nov 2016, in the midst of the Note7 crisis, and made a significant and timely contribution to improving user satisfaction, engagement and brand perception.
I also worked directly with executives (SVP, EVP and CDO) in Mountain View, New York and Seattle on strategy and execution for high visibility initiatives including: leveraging S+ to respond to the Note7 crisis, piloting on demand augmentation of customer care staffing via expert text chat, and the roll out of a nationwide premium care service offering. I’ve recently been leading design for Samsung’s first chatbot.
- Engaged user activity up 45% and core activity up 20% in the first week, with persistent and continuing growth
- Conceptualized, designed and deployed a new content type called “Skills” to encourage engagement, learning and gamification. Within 1 month, Skills became the top performing content type in S+
- Average weekly ratings went up from 3.7 to 4.3 within 2 months
- Community growth from 900k to 2.4m in 9 months (260%)
- Device returns reduction of 27% (first four weeks of GS7 launch, compared to GS6)
Google Play Store Ratings
4.0 design: 4.0 prototype
- User Testing: Permissions and the First Run Experience (FRE)
- Benchmarking and insights for 4.0
- Samsung focus groups: text chat